Korea – Day one
After a challenging overnignt flight I touched down at Incheon Airport. A cruise through customs and then I met Philip, who was surprised when I shook his hand, (I think he was just a one off gaherer of wayward arrivals.) I waited for the shuttle to take me to the Hana Financial venue whilst I had the best flat white.
The shuttle came – a full bus for Atam (from Malaysia) and myself. I was almost asleep in the shuttle after the previous day and nights travels. Whilst skirting the city there was a culture shock of high rises and a plethora of new sights. The heat was present and a nice change from the frosty starts at home. (Although I would have loved to be rocking shorts and a T)
We had a briefing and I had the chance to catch a quick nap. Upon waking I headed out early for lunch and to see if I could connect with anyone. Met a few people but still a work on. I went off for another dose of vitamin sleep and the forums started at 2.30. Interesting hearing other countires perspectives and it left me wondering what was my purpose here.
The AI lecture was engaing and informative. The presenter, a maths professor, was clearly on point with his ideas and information. I took a few things from this and will share back to my home crew to see if we can use things moving forward.
Tea next and the buffet was another delight. Clearly a love of garlc permeates the cooking here which I am struglging with. Skipped the tofu and fish, thing, and came out. Got in to early to sit wit my conncetions and ended up nigelling it. Wasn’t alone as I analysed the room, still a work on as I am busing with these folk tomorrow.
Time for some K-Pop dancing which my tired legs are bemoaning, guess the Sydney Tiki tour is coming back to bite my proverbial.
No comments:
Post a Comment